Amber

My eight-hour, five-day office schedule is highlighted by Dave Matthews Band singing to wake me up and help me avoid hitting my drooping head on the computer screen.

For the nth time, my headphones got busted. The left (or right) earpiece always manages to 'malfunction' itself, and I'm left with my lonely right (or left) ear blasted with songs it can never share with my left (or right) ear.

I told my boss I will quit by May. And "Yes, I am decided already," and "No, there's no possibility of extending my stay. I've given this much thought already."
"I admit I will be taking a risk, but better to do that than to forever wonder what I could have done more outside these office walls."
"No, I can't see myself being Ms. Corporate-Communication-head in the future."
"Yes, I feel more fulfilled outside."

There's a song replaying a thousand times in my head, "I'm a lonely little petunia in an onion patch//an onion patch//an onion patch//Hmmmm//hmmm."

Then again, there's another song I'd love to dance to—Amber, as interpreted by String Quartet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain lake Djupvatnet

I can hardly hear myself

The in-betweens